We fitted this vanity unit a few weeks ago but we've just been busy and not been onto post stuff. I've got a few jobs to catch up on posting but heres this one.
The job was to design and build a vanity unit for the master bathroom in a new build. The lady negotiated well and got a good deal, she also gave me a tight timeline and it all went to plan. The deadline wasn't too much of a big deal in the end with the tiling took a bit longer that first expected.
The client had some ideas and pictures for reference then I set about designing something nice and along the lines of what she'd like. The cabinets were done with birch plywood and doors and face frames were done in solid oak.
I'm pretty much finished with using MDF on projects, it has it's place but I just don't like it. The cost difference doesn't come into play too much considering the usual cost of the jobs I do so I'm going to be sticking to using birch ply from now on.
biggest en-suite I've been in I think.....
The unit came in seven sections. Easy to transport and easy to fit. I fit then adjust all the doors in the shop to get a nice fit, when I take them off and remove hinges, I stick masking tape to each hinge with the corresponding hinge hole wrote on it and put them in a bag in a safe place. The doors get marked to before heading to be painted.
There was a wee low spot on the tile just under the pillar, it'd probably annoy me. The plumbing was in behind the wall so it can come straight through the wall into the left and right units to service the 'His & Her' sinks. There's a stone top going on and I'd like to get back for some photos when everything is all fitted and finished, these were just snaps with my phone, I always forget my real camera when on a job.
The colour used was a Farrow & Ball colour called Wevet and it was an eggshell finish. I was hoary with how it turned out, clean lines and I'm a fan of a face frame with inset door.
We arrived about ten in the am and had it all finished by twelvish. Lewis and I were a bit surprised, usually our installs have us late into the night, sweating profusely and running around trying to fix something we've fucked up. I suppose you learn on every one, they seem to be getting easier, I think we're more organised now.
So that's us for now. As always, if you want to share this with someone you think might like it, please do and for any commissions of your own, just get in touch and we'll see what we can do.
Over and out.